PDA

View Full Version : How to install mscorefonts?

wolfyking2
March 7th, 2009, 03:18 PM
How would you do this. I heard it's in winetricks, so I downloaded winetricks but it wasn't in their. I need mscorefonts to play conquer online, because it needs the font Courier 12. It doesn't have to be mscorefonts actually, I just need Courier 12 font.

Therion
March 7th, 2009, 03:22 PM
This should do it:
sudo apt-get install msttcorefonts
I don't know that you can install them (the Microsoft fonts) individually.

Edit: Just found this, though it's an .exe file. Maybe since you need it IN Wine it will work? I'm not a wine user...

http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?groupname=corefonts&filename=courie32.exe&use_mirror=voxel

howefield
March 7th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Ensure you have multiverse repository enabled in your software sources.

Then either install msttcorefonts via synaptic package manager or install via the terminal

sudo apt-get install msttcorefonts

wolfyking2
March 7th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Darn, it says I already have it installed. How can I get the Courier 12 font? I need it to play conquer online

Therion
March 7th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Did you see my edit? Don't know if that will work or not...

wolfyking2
March 7th, 2009, 03:34 PM
nope, it didn't work. although, it said to go to regedit, HKLM/software/fonts and add courier 1. I got there, but I'm not sure how to add another thing in the folder.

blackened
March 7th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Could you not copy and paste Courier from /usr/share/fonts to c:\Windows\system32\fonts since you have msttcorefonts installed?

I think that would work, been a long time since I've really dug in Windows so YMMV.

wolfyking2
March 7th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Well, I got the courier thing, arial and simsun fonts (following this HOWTO:http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4560835#post4560835) So I got the other DLLs in the system 22, and did everything it said, but it still is stuck at the loading... part. Although when I went to winecfg, libraries, and the 2 DLLs that begin with an m (forgot what they're called, just look in the howto) weren't there. So maybe I'll fix that and see if it works.

binbash
March 7th, 2009, 08:19 PM
google > winetricks and install via it

chris.olive
March 8th, 2009, 06:48 PM
How would you do this. I heard it's in winetricks, so I downloaded winetricks but it wasn't in their. I need mscorefonts to play conquer online, because it needs the font Courier 12. It doesn't have to be mscorefonts actually, I just need Courier 12 font.
I had the same problem solved it by loading KDE desktop in system there is a font loader, download fonts to a file on your disk then useing font loader go to this file and load.
I normaly run Gnome desktop but found this installed the fonts for all programs use.
Chris

Clopper Almon
March 15th, 2012, 03:07 PM
The method of getting the msttcorefonts described here works on Ubuntu 11.10, but you end up having to agree to a long MS End User License Agreement. That is all right except that there is no obvious way to agree to it!

I finally stumbled on the key: tap the Tab key. Then the <Yes> shown on the form is highlighted and you can agree.

It is a bit simpler to go through the Ubuntu Software Center and search for the ttf-mscorefonts-installer and use it.

Also remember to log out and then log in again before trying to use the fonts.

howefield
March 15th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Let old threads sleep.

Closed.