PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Ubuntu live-cd wont work properly (ASUS M70TL)

Dr_Deadmeat
March 7th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I've been trying to install ubuntu on my asus computer for a time now, but it crashes each time I try to do it. If I set the options acpi=off, it wont crash, but I still get only a terminal, and not any GUI, even if I try to run ubuntu in safe graphic mode...

Anyone who knows how I can get ubuntu (or anything but Vista) to run on my computer?

wpshooter
March 7th, 2009, 02:24 PM
FIRST have you ran the CD integrity check function that is found on the initial Ubuntu boot screen menu ?

If after you have done the above and if the CD passes the integrity function test, then consider downloading and burning the ALTERNATE (texted based) version of Ubuntu and attempt your installation from it.

Dr_Deadmeat
March 8th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Ok... Will do. The integrity test went fine, and the cd is working normally. I have searched on google, and it seems like it is a problem with the Asus bios which makes it hard to use all the acpi functions in linux. Thats how I managed to find out of the acpi=off switch that made the computer boot, but it didnt get me a gui. I'll update you guys in about an hour when the download of the alternate cd is complete.

Thank you for the reply =)