PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu ISO image doesn't include Boot up File.

Grey08
March 7th, 2009, 10:21 AM
I have downloaded both Ubuntu Desktop and server 8.10 64bits under windows XP, but after extracted to folder, doesn't have any boot up file.

so i decided to burned these files into a blank CD and run it with a empty Hard Drive, it wont boot up.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

albandy
March 7th, 2009, 10:28 AM
you don't have to extract anything. Simply burn it with some burning software like nero. You should select burn image and select the iso file you've downloaded

Grey08
March 7th, 2009, 10:32 AM
you don't have to extract anything. Simply burn it with some burning software like nero. You should select burn image and select the iso file you've downloaded

Thanks for ur reply :D

but can i just burn the CD with Window explorer? which means i do not have any burning software.

From the ubuntu site, i saw a picture showing the iso image has a file named "start.exe", is that from burning software?

albandy
March 7th, 2009, 10:36 AM
no, you need to burn the image in a cd.

You can download a free image burner from here: http://www.imgburn.com/

Grey08
March 7th, 2009, 11:01 AM
thanks

I have download NTI cd maker, and it can recognise the "ubuntu 8.10 desktop" as an iso file, and can be burned. After the CD is burned, nothing inside now....

Confusing now, is that so difficult to install Ubuntu???? is Microsoft window much more easier to install???

albandy
March 7th, 2009, 11:41 AM
No, it's easier to install ubuntu.
Maybe you should learn how to burn iso files.

As you know, microsoft don't provide any way to burn iso files, why? I don't know, but the most used burning software support it, try with nero, or alcohol, cd creator, ...

Grey08
March 7th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Thanks Albandy, i will try again.

kelvin spratt
March 7th, 2009, 11:46 AM
If you still have problem use power iso its 1 click to burn a iso to cd/dvd.

Grey08
March 7th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Thanks, Kelvin. :)