PDA

View Full Version : What did people think of "Watchmen"?

mocean
March 7th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Just got back from the theatre, I must say that even though the ending is different ( I wont spoil it... let's just say there is no giant squid), They did a pretty good job of getting some of the deeper parts of the novel onto the screen. I especially thought that the prison scene was extremely well done. I know Tales of the Black Freighter wasn't in it, but I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who has doubts about going to see it, whether you read the Graphic novel or not. What did you guys think?

RiceMonster
March 7th, 2009, 09:04 AM
I just saw it and I'd say it was a good movie. Unfortunately I haven't read the graphic novel, but now I think I'm going to have to get to it. One of the things that caught my attention was the sound track; you wouldn't expect it at all, but it fit surprisingly well. Very well done movie.

Rokurosv
March 7th, 2009, 09:06 AM
I'm reading the graphic novel, and well it might take a while for the movie to get here, so far it's awesome hope the movie lives up to it

koshatnik
March 7th, 2009, 11:36 AM
It's unfilmable. All comics/graphic novels and even most novels are. I don't know why people even bother adapting stuff.

jacksaff
March 7th, 2009, 11:59 AM
First hour and a half was great, but it really started to drag towards the end. I loved the little touches - the old film clips, the tunes, the (squillions) of pop-cultural references - but the whole last hour was just dross. Should have cut all the mars and south pole scenes out. It was the anti-superheroes interaction with everybody else that was making the film fun and they killed it with the James-Bond-hide-out-in-the-middle-of-nowhere ending.
Never read the book so I'm not a fan, but this could have done with more vigorous 'adapting' IMO. Sticking to the whole story ruined what was looking like a great film.