PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Title bar disappears in active window

epswinde
March 7th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Hey gang,

I just got done (re)installing 8.10. I was using kde4.2, but I was getting a little sick of the fact that the knetworkmanager didn't support 802.1x (it did in 8.04, but the 8.10 package lacks the capability. really goofy). Anyway, I decided to go with gnome until kde4.2 becomes a little more stable (until 9.04 or 9.10 or whenever).

Since installing, I've been having some strange behavior with the window decorations, particularly the title bar. whenever I put the mouse over one of the minimize, maximize or close buttons, the whole title bar turns grey, and I can't read the title anymore. This only happens in an active window, inactive windows are fine. This only occurs with desktop effects enabled.

I'm running an nvidia 7600 go with an intel core duo @ 2.0GHz. I'm using the nvidia 177 driver.

In the mean time, I'll just turn desktop effects off, but if anyone has any idea what the problem is, I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks in advance

itisbasi
March 7th, 2009, 07:04 AM
It happens to me in a gnome Desktop too. I think it's a theme issue, cos I have changed from the default ubuntu human theme to one of the GTK+ themes from gnome-look.org and haven't had that issue since.

PS: Also try the nvidia 180 driver, it's much better than the nvidia 177 driver.