PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unable to change window border

knowlan
March 7th, 2009, 06:16 AM
Hi,
I am new to ubuntu, and have been playing around with themes a bit, and have Dust currently, but I have been unable to change the window borders. I've tried changing them in Appearance but have been unsuccessful. They are stuck as a dark semi transparent style with icons that I don't like.

I've attached a screenshot of my desktop, its not very original I know. Please help me change the window borders to the default dust ones.

Also, I had Compiz fusion installed and thought it might've been the cause of the problem, I've uninstalled it and it hasn't helped.

Thanks

JECHO
March 7th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Hi,
I am new to ubuntu, and have been playing around with themes a bit, and have Dust currently, but I have been unable to change the window borders. I've tried changing them in Appearance but have been unsuccessful. They are stuck as a dark semi transparent style with icons that I don't like.

I've attached a screenshot of my desktop, its not very original I know. Please help me change the window borders to the default dust ones.

Also, I had Compiz fusion installed and thought it might've been the cause of the problem, I've uninstalled it and it hasn't helped.

Thanks

hey, welcome to ubuntu! :)

first things first... did you install emerald?

knowlan
March 7th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Yeah, I installed Emerald, originally thought that may have been the problem, so I uninstalled that too, but it made no difference.

Thanks for the welcome.