PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Compiz desktop problem.

bhishan
March 7th, 2009, 03:47 AM
I am using Ubuntu 9.10. I was trying to put different wallpapers to different sides of the cube by compiz. I played around with some settings. My wallpaper changed but, now I can not right click on my desktop. I also can not see the icons on my desktop. So I uninstalled compiz. The cube is gone, but the right click problem still persists. Can anyone help?

UbuntuNerd
March 7th, 2009, 04:18 AM
did you change any settings in "nautilus" maybe the one that says "show desktop"?

bhishan
March 7th, 2009, 05:27 AM
did you change any settings in "nautilus" maybe the one that says "show desktop"?
yes, I think so.

UbuntuNerd
March 7th, 2009, 05:45 AM
go to the terminal and type this:

gconf-editor
when the Nautilus window opens on the left navigate to: apps > nautilus > preferences:
After you select “preferences,” look on the list on the right until you see the option “show_desktop” and make sure is cliked.

thedavis
March 7th, 2009, 10:22 AM

gconf-editor
when the Nautilus window opens on the left navigate to: apps > nautilus > preferences:
After you select “preferences,” look on the list on the right until you see the option “show_desktop” and make sure is cliked.

Ihave the same problem, I run the gconf-editor, the show_desktop option is marked, but no desktop, I must do ALT+F2 and launch "nautilus" to get the desktop icons, but after restar, the same issue :(:(

I'm stuck :(:(

Any idea?

Thankssss!!

bhishan
March 7th, 2009, 06:59 PM

gconf-editor
thanks a lot. It worked after a restart.

UbuntuNerd
March 7th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Ihave the same problem, I run the gconf-editor, the show_desktop option is marked, but no desktop, I must do ALT+F2 and launch "nautilus" to get the desktop icons, but after restar, the same issue :(:(

I'm stuck :(:(

Any idea?

Thankssss!!

have you try reinstalling your desktop if you want to give a try type this in a terminal:

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop

thedavis
March 8th, 2009, 12:35 AM
have you try reinstalling your desktop if you want to give a try type this in a terminal:

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop

Thanks UbuntuNerd, the ubuntu-desktop it was installed, but I did a reinstall via synaptic and after first restart it's seems working fine :)

Many thanks ;)