PDA

View Full Version : [kde] KMail not working because libkmailprivate.so.4 has an undefined symbol

Virtualboxbuntu
March 7th, 2009, 03:21 AM
I'm using Linux Mint 6 KDE CE RC1. KMail isn't installed by default, so I install it. When I run Kontact, I get this error message:

Cannot load part for Mail.
QLibrary::load_sys: Cannot load /usr/lib/kde4/kmailpart.so (/usr/lib/libkmailprivate.so.4: undefined symbol: _ZN4KPIM8KMeditor16contextMenuEventEP17QContextMen uEvent)

It turns out that libkmailprivate.so.4 is a link to libkmailprivate.so.4.1.0. But Linux Mint uses KDE 4.2, do I need to go somewhere to download a 4.2.0 version of this file? I'm not that experienced with KDE, I've used GNOME a lot more (I prefer KDE though).

When I click OK in the error message, Kontact loads as normal but Mail is disabled. It won't close when I click the "x" button in the top-right corner but closes when I click File>Quit.

Virtualboxbuntu
March 8th, 2009, 04:43 AM
After some research, I think I need to download libkmailprivate.so.4.2.0 and replace libkmailprivate.so.4.1.0 with it.

I can't seem to find that file anywhere, except in the form of an RPM package that won't open or convert with alien.