PDA

View Full Version : Thread Subscriptions

lukjad
March 6th, 2009, 08:32 PM
To how many threads are you currently subscribed? (Not sure? Click Here (http://ubuntuforums.org/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all).)

I have 979 threads to which I am subscribed. How about you?

bsharp
March 6th, 2009, 09:13 PM
I have 979 threads to which I am subscribed. How about you?

What in the world does your inbox look like?!?

I have 2.

Skripka
March 6th, 2009, 09:15 PM
I killed all of mine when the email notifications/subscriptions went screwball on me last week.

blueshiftoverwatch
March 6th, 2009, 09:16 PM
None. If I come across a particularly interesting thread I'll bookmark it in my "Ubuntu Forums threads" folder. I only have four or five threads bookmarked. Although it might save time to just subscribe to threads and be automatically notified of people posting in them instead of having to open up the entire bookmarks folder and check for new posts manually. But until it becomes a major inconvenience I'll stick with my old ways.

lukjad
March 6th, 2009, 10:24 PM
What in the world does your inbox look like?!?

I have 2.

I killed all of mine when the email notifications/subscriptions went screwball on me last week.

Depending on the day or the hour, I have about 20-45 threads there. I don't have e-mail notification so that helps. :D

None. If I come across a particularly interesting thread I'll bookmark it in my "Ubuntu Forums threads" folder. I only have four or five threads bookmarked. Although it might save time to just subscribe to threads and be automatically notified of people posting in them instead of having to open up the entire bookmarks folder and check for new posts manually. But until it becomes a major inconvenience I'll stick with my old ways.

True. I have over 100 threads bookmarked separately, so that doesn't work too well here. :D

JoshuaRL
March 6th, 2009, 10:30 PM
I have over 500 threads bookmarked, but I don't have any with email notification. I just like to have it autosubscribe when I post, that way I can go to the CP and check any updates. Makes it super easy for keeping up with support on ABF. Otherwise, I'll lose lots (have before). Then I just feel bad.

swoll1980
March 6th, 2009, 10:33 PM
I just plug my cerebral cortex directly into the Matrix and track everything with my brain.

bapoumba
March 6th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Hmm.. I have 5,551 and I have already cut them down when I was 8,000 or so at least 4 or 5 times since I joined :twisted:

Thing is, I subscribe to every thread I post in + all the ones I follow.

lukjad
March 6th, 2009, 10:42 PM
I have over 500 threads bookmarked, but I don't have any with email notification. I just like to have it autosubscribe when I post, that way I can go to the CP and check any updates. Makes it super easy for keeping up with support on ABF. Otherwise, I'll lose lots (have before). Then I just feel bad.

That's pretty much my story.

I just plug my cerebral cortex directly into the Matrix and track everything with my brain.

This is pretty much my story too... ;)

Hmm.. I have 5,551 and I have already cut them down when I was 8,000 or so at least 4 or 5 times since I joined :twisted:

Thing is, I subscribe to every thread I post in + all the ones I follow.

Heehee.

I only remove a thread from my Subscriptions if it keeps bothering me in my UserCP and/or it turns nasty.

bapoumba
March 6th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Lukjad, I just noticed you avatar, you joined the BT :)
Nice.

snova
March 7th, 2009, 12:38 AM
975 or so. I don't use email, though I check the User CP quite frequently. Makes it very easy to get back to people.

Every now and then I'll remove a thread (usually because it's from Cafe Games, and I get tired of it), but besides that, I still see the occasional old, forgotten thread show up.

FuturePilot
March 7th, 2009, 01:11 AM
I have 13

JoshuaRL
March 7th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Lukjad, I just noticed you avatar, you joined the BT :)
Nice.

So far he has the title of BT Whipping Boy. We'll see where he goes from there.