PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing an mp3 player (physical) for linux

JuanKawada
March 6th, 2009, 08:03 PM
I've been looking for an mp3 player for a while, and just when I seem to find one I find some terrible flaw (usually that it's crippled with drm in some manner, and file transfer will only work on windows etc.)

I'm looking for something with over 20Gb of storage (30+ preferable)
and isn't too expensive. I really don't need any other features other than shuffle, and some kind of display.
Of course it has to be compatible with linux!

Does anyone know of such an mp3 player?

cptrohn
March 6th, 2009, 08:06 PM
I've been looking for an mp3 player for a while, and just when I seem to find one I find some terrible flaw (usually that it's crippled with drm in some manner, and file transfer will only work on windows etc.)

I'm looking for something with over 20Gb of storage (30+ preferable)
and isn't too expensive. I really don't need any other features other than shuffle, and some kind of display.
Of course it has to be compatible with linux!

Does anyone know of such an mp3 player?

We got a Fuse, it works with music and pictures as a drag and drop, but the video is nearly impossible...

At this point I wish we had gone with Cowon instead. Fuse advertises Linux compatibility, but it's not fully compaitble.

JuanKawada
March 6th, 2009, 10:01 PM
We got a Fuse, it works with music and pictures as a drag and drop, but the video is nearly impossible...

At this point I wish we had gone with Cowon instead. Fuse advertises Linux compatibility, but it's not fully compaitble.

I was looking at the sansa players, more specifically the 32GB view, but i'm not sure about that. It's pretty expensive and supposedly has no playlist support and terrible UI.

I hadn't seen any Cowon players before but I like the Cowon A3.

All I'm really looking for though is something like the old classic ipods (I'm just hoping to get something that isn't an apple product). or the Zen vision: M (but I've heard that doesn't work well with linux)