PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Evolution Google Calendar

slick666
March 6th, 2009, 04:22 PM
What I'm trying to do is access my google calendar from my evolution client at work. The problem is that at work I'm behind a proxy. The problem I'm getting is that when I put in my password nothing happens. I can uncheck the calendar and check it again and it asks me for my password again. I'm assuming it's failing but I can't see exactly why. I've looked to see if there is any proxy information I can put in so I'm figureing that it's at least failing there.

Any ideas would be welcome. I don't know if it's even possible but I can access my google calendar through html (firefox) so I would think that evolution would be able to download the html from the private address and parse the info into my evolution calendar.

senor_smile
March 14th, 2009, 02:52 AM
I too would like to get google calendar syncing with Evolution(properly). I have googled and found some information, none of which really seems very recent. I can actually view my calendars, but with some caveats:

If I add something to my calendar from evolution, it syncs just fine to my google calendar. But, if I add an item from my google calendar, it syncs an hour behind in evolution and appears read-only. Anyone having the same problems?????

I would verify that your login info for setting up the calendar is correct. I might also try to remove the calendar and set it up again, just to be sure. Let us know if you get it working at all.

--shaun

aldolat
April 18th, 2009, 01:14 PM
... I can actually view my calendars...

Really do you see all of your google calendars in evolution? I can only view 1 google calendar of mine in Evolution. In fact, if I add another one, it won't be displayed (in evolution).

Am I making a mistake?

shaft350x
October 17th, 2009, 06:38 PM
I know I am somewhat resurrecting a dead post since the last one was in April, but this thread came up in my search on the topic of getting Google Calendar to work in Evolution.

I used the documentation page here (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/GoogleCalendarWithEvolution) which was a pretty straight forward process.

I was able to get multiple calendars to synchronize and be available in Evolution. The only one I could not, was the US Holidays Calendar, which I did not create myself. It would show up in the panel on the left under Google Calendars, but nothing would actually get added to the calendar pane to the right. So I just found one on iCal and used that.

shaft350x
October 18th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Well now mine is only showing the primary Calendar from Google and not the other calendar I created. If I update in evolution to the secondary calendar, it will show up in Google calendar, but not the other way around.