PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't run the live CD

t4ggs
March 5th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Hi, I have a problem, bought a new pc and I can't install intrepid.
The pc is a Core 2 Duo, 4 Gb of ram, ATI 4870, Mobo: asus P5Q pro.

Im trying to install intrepid 64 bit, when I turn on the pc, it get to boot from the cd, when I press enter in the menu for selecting to boot the live cd, it starts loading but after some time it doesn't enter in ubuntu, it keeps giving me errors...see the attached screen shot.

I've wait for half an hour and still didn't enter in ubuntu...

Any help would be thanked.

linux_tech
March 5th, 2009, 01:55 PM
first use checksum to verify integrity of download or re-download and burn different cd

t4ggs
March 5th, 2009, 03:33 PM
did checksum and did the Installation CD Integrity Check...
any ideas??

t4ggs
March 13th, 2009, 06:20 PM
I also used unetbootin to run ubuntu from a pen drive, but still I'm unable to boot into ubuntu

I tried with open suse 11.1 and didnt boot, so i tried dreamlinux 3.5 and it boot, why???

red_hawk
March 13th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Have you tried the 32-bit version?

avtolle
March 13th, 2009, 06:56 PM
It could be a problem with the CD-ROM drive itself, rather than the disk(s). Have you cleaned the lens on the drive lately? Would there perhaps be a firmware update for the drive? Is the drive itself throwing errors when working with other CDs?

Given that you are also having a problem with the USB pen drive, if you used the same CD from which you could not boot to supply the information to the USB, I'd suggest that there is an issue with the CD itself.

t4ggs
March 13th, 2009, 07:38 PM
I've tried Ubuntu 7.04 32 and 64 bit, then ubuntu 8.04 32 and 64, and the 8.10 32 and 64, and my CD-ROM is new, the whole computer is new, I installed windows with this CD-ROM and tons of games and so the CD-ROM is fine.

BTW the CD-ROM is SATA...and I cant remember wich version I used in the pen drive that it boot, I couldnt see a thing in the monitor, but I heard the sound of ubuntu loging in. My video card is an ASUS ATI HD 4870 512Mb...any ideas???

red_hawk
March 15th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Do you have the option of trying a IDE DC-ROM drive?

upchucky
March 15th, 2009, 05:29 PM
you heard ubuntu startup? if yes then this is a typical display issue, check for ways to set display manually.