PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] hi i need help,im new with ubuntu

kid_blade
March 5th, 2009, 01:29 PM
hi guys..

i tried to install ubuntu desktop...but it halted..meaning it didnt finished...should i redo the procedure from the beggining?or theres a way to continue?if there is what command should i use?

ERROR:there was an error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon..
some things such as themes,sounds,or background may not work properly..

last question...does it need to be connected to the internet all the time during installation procedure?please help...thanks a lot..

sanemanmad
March 5th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Hi, No you do not need to be connected to the internet during installation. What kind of error did you encounter? can you provide more information, if you would like help on forums such as this, it is always best to provide as much detail as possible. Even the most little detail can be helpful.

kid_blade
March 5th, 2009, 01:51 PM
hi..

actuali theres no error seen in my ubuntu..but the thing is it cannot continue to load the desktop...it only display an empty orange display and a mouse pointer thats all...but the terminal is ok...i can switch ryt away to terminal mode...hehehe hope u can help me thanks a lot..

kid_blade
March 5th, 2009, 02:11 PM
hi..here is the error...

there was an error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon..

please help thanks

kid_blade
March 5th, 2009, 02:28 PM
up this thread please..need help..anybody can solve this problem?

kid_blade
March 6th, 2009, 01:47 AM
anybody knows how to fix this:

ERROR: there was an error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon..

thanks

kid_blade
March 6th, 2009, 06:06 AM
nobody knows the solution i guess...any nice guys out here that loves to share his knowledge please do help me with this prob....

martrn
March 6th, 2009, 06:17 AM
If / Can you connect to the internet to do an upgrade, if you have an internet connection does it work ?

Have you read through the There Was An Error Starting The Gnome Setting Deamon (https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/4499) ?

What version of Ubuntu did you install ?

Can you connect or ping yourself from a terminal on the loop-back address ?