March 5th, 2009, 12:49 PM
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.0.7/releasenotes/
:popcorn:

SunnyRabbiera
March 5th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Cool, I hope it goes to the repos soon

jespdj
March 5th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Are we going to repeat this thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1060854)?

Ofcourse it will get into the repos. Just be patient for a few days.

Giant Speck
March 5th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Well, I switched back to Firefox from using Swiftfox. Swiftfox is only on 3.0.4pre1 and it's been running really weirdly lately. For example, after a couple hours of running, it'd jump to upwards of 350 MB in RAM usage.

Firefox, with Pandora and a Java-based chat running, uses about 210 MB of RAM. I wish it would use just a little bit less memory, but I know the only solution to that is to get rid of some of my extensions and add-ons, which I certainly do not want to do.

binbash
March 5th, 2009, 09:54 PM
I hope we can see it fast at the repost : )

jespdj
March 6th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Got the update just now! (64-bit Ubuntu 8.04).

billgoldberg
March 6th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Just go the updates.

libpng, firefox, xulrunner, ... all got updated.

kernelhaxor
March 6th, 2009, 11:45 AM
wow repos get updated fast .. installed the 3.07 update from the repo a few hours back

Giant Speck
March 6th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I've been sitting here for the past hour or so and I didn't even notice the Update Manager notification in my system tray.

#-o

Tews
March 6th, 2009, 02:13 PM
System>Administration>Update Manager .... FF3.07 is in the repos'

soelk
March 6th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Got it through the automatic update now.

Once installed and restarted, it said "Firefox has been updated and needs to be restarted". Restarted it again and again -- same problem.

It helped to disable the Download Statusbar extension, restarting Firefox, enabling Download Statusbar. Strange behavior. Download Statusbar was the first extension I tried to disable. Probably helps to disable any extension if you should run into the same problem.

billgoldberg
March 6th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Got it through the automatic update now.

Once installed and restarted, it said "Firefox has been updated and needs to be restarted". Restarted it again and again -- same problem.

It helped to disable the Download Statusbar extension, restarting Firefox, enabling Download Statusbar. Strange behavior. Download Statusbar was the first extension I tried to disable. Probably helps to disable any extension if you should run into the same problem.

I have had this bug forever on Ubuntu 8.10.