PDA

View Full Version : My new bad habit.

reprobus
March 5th, 2009, 04:19 AM
I've picked up a new habit lately, smoking cigars. Yeah I know its not a good thing for the body but life is short and I am going to enjoy it, in moderation of course. I've noticed buying cigars is kind of like buying liquor, the more money you spend on it the better it is. So far the best one I have tried is the Makers Mark bourbon flavored ones, they cost about 8-10 bucks a piece. Does anyone else here indulge in a nice stogy once in a while? If so then recommend me some good ones to try, preferably at a cost of no more than 10 bucks a pop.

Faolan84
March 5th, 2009, 04:28 AM
I'll have a cigar every once in a while, I don't smoke cigs and I'm never going to start. I may smoke maybe once a week, max, and it's been that way for years. Also I don't smoke them in front of kids or indoors.

Also, as long as you're not smoking them on a regular basis and as long as your not one of those people who actually inhale them (cigars are to be puffed), then you should be just fine.

Now for my bad habit: I don't turn on the fan after *ahem* dumping the logs -- so to speak.

JackieChan
March 5th, 2009, 04:29 AM
Cigars are even more unhealthy than cigarettes! At most, you should only smoke them during special occasions, like getting a promotion, a big party, or your birthday. Luckily, I got off the habit easily. Tried them one weekend, then stopped after that and never look back. I don't even smoke at special occasions. Only second hand for me!

At least you're not like my Grandfather, he's really old fashion and is addicted to his pipe, which is extremely unhealthy. It's really nasty too, I've seen him clean his pipe before...

kidux
March 5th, 2009, 04:30 AM
$10 a cigar is really on the cheap side. I regularly get Ghurka brand and they can be upwards of $25. Find a good tobacco shop and get them to recommend some brands.

Edit: Even if you are inhaling, cigars are no where near as bad as cigarettes, provided you aren't getting cheap White Owl brands. That being said, you aren't supposed to inhale them, merely hold the smoke in your mouth to get the flavor.

Grant A.
March 5th, 2009, 04:35 AM
At least you're not like my Grandfather, he's really old fashion and is addicted to his pipe, which is extremely unhealthy. It's really nasty too, I've seen him clean his pipe before...

There are kids at my school who do dip and spit it out wherever they can in the schools. It's really gross to see it on the bus, or God forbid, on the cafeteria table. :-&

reprobus
March 5th, 2009, 04:35 AM
Wow, 25 bucks a pop, they had better be good. Sounds to me like I might be better off starting a crack habit, haha.

Faolan84
March 5th, 2009, 04:41 AM
Agreed. Heck when I did pot $25 could get me quite a bit with my dealer. Ahh... high school memories: I can almost smell them. Good times, Good times.

kidux
March 5th, 2009, 04:42 AM
There are kids at my school who do dip and spit it out wherever they can in the schools. It's really gross to see it on the bus, or God forbid, on the cafeteria table. :-&
BLEH! Dipping is so nasty! We have guys at work who carry around spit bottles and that is so disgusting.

kidux
March 5th, 2009, 04:47 AM
Wow, 25 bucks a pop, they had better be good. Sounds to me like I might be better off starting a crack habit, haha.
Yes, they are very good. But the great thing is they are big enough that you can really get 2 out of it if you wanted, because you'll catch a good buzz around half way through.

Faolan84
March 5th, 2009, 04:50 AM
Okay, I've got a dipping story for y'all.

My good friend (who shall be called "Bubba") was on a date with one of the hottest chics at I knew at the University that I went to and they went to see a movie on their first date. Bubba had just gotten them both a single jumbo drink and they sat down and watched the movie. Well, anyone who knows someone who dips know that they always keep a nice ExpressLane or 7/11 cup around which they use as a respository for their tobbacco laced spittle. Well, during the course of this movie Bubba had finnished off the jumbo drink. About five minutes later he spit out his dip in the ExpressLane cup and accidently put it back in the cupholder between them. Needless to say, his date wasn't very happy, and he never got a call back from her again. Epic. FAIL.

Grant A.
March 5th, 2009, 04:54 AM
Okay, I've got a dipping story for y'all.

My good friend (who shall be called "Bubba") was on a date with one of the hottest chics at I knew at the University that I went to and they went to see a movie on their first date. Bubba had just gotten them both a single jumbo drink and they sat down and watched the movie. Well, anyone who knows someone who dips know that they always keep a nice ExpressLane or 7/11 cup around which they use as a respository for their tobbacco laced spittle. Well, during the course of this movie Bubba had finnished off the jumbo drink. About five minutes later he spit out his dip in the ExpressLane cup and accidently put it back in the cupholder between them. Needless to say, his date wasn't very happu, and he never got a call back from her again. Epic. FAIL.

:lolflag:

I spat water all over my keyboard when I read that. :lol:

Kingsley
March 5th, 2009, 05:03 AM
I've only ever had a White Owl, which tasted pretty bad. I plan on trying higher end cigars in the near future.

sujoy
March 5th, 2009, 06:23 AM
never smoked. not even once, hopefully i'll keep it that way ;)

Sneaky07
March 5th, 2009, 07:00 AM
I hear after you smoke a cigar anyways you feel really terrible, can anyone back this up? Cigarettes and dipping are the worst though. Therefore, I would think Pipes are the best.

kidux
March 5th, 2009, 07:06 AM
I hear after you smoke a cigar anyways you feel really terrible, can anyone back this up? Cigarettes and dipping are the worst though. Therefore, I would think Pipes are the best.
You can with a low quality cigar, but with a good quality one you catch a nice buzz, and feel very relaxed. Good with a glass of scotch or cognac, or even a good bodied red wine.

swoll1980
March 5th, 2009, 09:04 AM
I smoke cigars, Sometimes they leave a bad taste in my mouth though

etnlIcarus
March 5th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Bad habits are what make life worth living; people who bitch and moan about second-hand smoke are just jealous.

thraxy
March 5th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Well, I have enjoyed the occasional cigar in the past. I probably won't do that again anytime soon. I get enough puppy eyes from my girlfriend when I smoke ciggies... although, she does look awfully cute with puppy eyes... lol

Tews
March 5th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Fuentes Fuentes Opus X ... +1 or a good Macanudo !