PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Network connection interferes Hardy on boot-up

EricNMiller
March 5th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Does anyone have this problem with their network interfering with cold boot in Ubuntu 8.04? I have found that the only way that I can get the OS to boot properly, is to disconnect the cable to my D-Link DGL-4300 router when I shut the system down. If I forget and leave the cable connected the OS hangs before the splash screen for GNOME. Everything operates fine if I connect the RJ-45 cable after the system is fully operational. It is a problem similar to leaving a USB flash drive plugged into the PC but the OS does begin the boot process with the network cable connected on boot.

This has been ongoing since Feisty. Otherwise Ubuntu 8.04 works well and I didn't have any trouble getting the FireWire PCI card working. Any help/info appreciated.:confused:

SysteMax Model 925 Venture - Mini Tower
Serial Number 106458277

HARDWARE

Processor Intel Pentium D925 3.0GHz
RAM 1GB PC4200, 533MHz DDR2 1Gbx1
Motherboard Intel 946GZISSL 8775 mATX
Integrated Video, Sound, NIC using Intel Chip Set
Hard Drive Western Digital 250GB, 7200RPM SATA II
Lite-On DVD RW 18x Dual Layer Drive
9-In-1 USB Card Reader
Monitor Samsung SyncMaster 920nw
FireWire StarTech PCI 1394-4 Upgrade installed 2/28/09

OPERATING SYSTEM

Ubuntu Linux version 8.04 Hardy Heron

EricNMiller
March 6th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Interesting! This issue cleared up on its own although I still get a warning that some graphics might not respond properly.

March 16, 2009 - Sorry, but I find that the problem is still present. I saw another post under networks that asked if another user had problems with the network interface card hanging the application. I think that this might be the case with my PC.