PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] US Robotics USR5410 freezes Ubuntu 8.10

AlVlad
March 4th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Hello. I need some help on getting my US Robotics USR5410 pcmcia wireless card to work with Ubuntu 8.10 on a Compaq 2700T. The OS only works when the card is not in the slot. If the card is inserted, Ubuntu will freeze (sooner or later) within 3 minutes of getting in the UI.

I'm looking forward to a "Good Linux Samaritan" who can help me get this going so I can access the Internet from this Ubuntu distro. Thanks for reading this, and thank you in advance for any help you're able to provide!

N04h
March 4th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Which install method did you use? Have you read http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=99228&highlight=Robotics+USR5410+pcmcia+wireless+card ?

AlVlad
March 6th, 2009, 08:05 AM
N04h, thank you for your reply! I have read the thread you pointed me to, but it appears to be about another USR wireless card, not the USR5410. I'm still at a loss so far, but would really like to get over this hump so I can experience the Internet on Ubuntu for the first time.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks again!

AlVlad
March 13th, 2009, 07:22 PM
I am still having the issue. The installation goes fine with the US Robotics USR5410 out of the PCI slot, it does not freeze anymore. However, obviously, I don't have network connectivity. Has anyone found a solution to this issue?

Thanks in advance!