PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is the best forum out there?

gymophett
March 4th, 2009, 06:11 AM
I believe this has to be. I've never been to a friendlier, nicer, well set up forum in my life. I love getting on here in my free time!
So what do you guys think?

lisati
March 4th, 2009, 06:13 AM
This is a great forum and the only one I've used with any semblance to regularity......

cardinals_fan
March 4th, 2009, 06:31 AM
I only just discovered Physics Forums, and so far I love it.

OutOfReach
March 4th, 2009, 06:51 AM
TBH this is the friendliest forum ever. On other forums whenever you ask a question that has the answer right in front of your face they're like "WTF NOOB? IT'S RIGHT THERE, FACEPALM" on here it's the complete opposite. And everyone treats eachother like neighbors here most of the time...

Naiki Muliaina
March 4th, 2009, 07:18 AM
This forum and my old GW guilds forum ^^

loell
March 4th, 2009, 07:24 AM
the best forum is where you're a dictator. :P
others, you can just classify them as good or better. :D

itsStephen
March 4th, 2009, 07:25 AM
llamaskies.net

It's closed at the moment but will be opening again soon (I hope)

No one on this forum would be interested though...

DMcA
March 4th, 2009, 10:21 AM
This forum is incredibly friendly, sometimes even a little too much. I'm always amazed to see people on the internet admit their mistakes and remain civil to each other despite having polar opposite opinions.

The best forum out there for me, however, is hydrogenaudio.org
Perhaps not a great site to go for for a chat but if you want actual facts and good advice when it comes to technical audio topics, then it's far and away the best place to be. The drivel that fills the rest of the internet when it comes to audio topics is astonishing

Scruffynerf
March 4th, 2009, 10:36 AM
The Ars Technica forums.

binbash
March 4th, 2009, 10:55 AM
This forum and DP forums

Vince4Amy
March 4th, 2009, 11:07 AM
ThirdField - Bob Marley Community Forums (I'm Admin there)
This Forum
Linsux (Don't Flame Because It's Pointless Doing So)
GTAForums
Other OS Talk

amitabhishek
March 4th, 2009, 11:37 AM
TBH this is the friendliest forum ever. On other forums whenever you ask a question that has the answer right in front of your face they're like "WTF NOOB? IT'S RIGHT THERE, FACEPALM" on here it's the complete opposite. And everyone treats eachother like neighbors here most of the time...

++1.

This forum is easily the friendliest forum around...

Another forum I frequently visit is:

http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/

handy
March 4th, 2009, 12:30 PM
It's a secret, but I left you a clue, or two... ;)

will1911a1
March 4th, 2009, 02:55 PM
My sig has my favorite two forums in it.

I like it here too though. :)

cmay
March 4th, 2009, 03:39 PM
i use this forum everyday. i started on the danish ubuntu forums but i like this one better actually. there is more users here and it makes it more exiting with so may different people i think. i like the other forum and i also think i am better of in some cases using a danish forum but i have been here everyday in a long time. .i read my email in the morning and then i check the new post here. while i get my morning coffe.

Skripka
March 4th, 2009, 03:46 PM
It's a secret, but I left you a clue, or two... ;)

+1, oh Conspirator Major.

UF gets lots of hits, and lots of post answers...but only a minority are helpful...and if your post doesn't get answered in a day or so-is lost under the 100s of threads posted per hour.

handy
March 4th, 2009, 03:53 PM
+1, oh Conspirator Major.

Hell, now I'm a vegetarian pacifist who's rank! :lolflag:

glotz
March 4th, 2009, 04:29 PM
I really like the MozillaZine forums. You'll just have to stomach the oft clueless ******* and mac lusers.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/

namegame
March 4th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Hmm...

Arch Forums (http://bbs.archlinux.org)
NOOST (http://grubbn.org/otheros)

s.fox
March 4th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Why am I not surprised by the amount of people saying ubuntu forums (not that I disagree) ?

IMHO I think the answer to the original question is going to get a lot of heavy bias....

kvarley
March 4th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Ubuntu forum all the way! :popcorn:

handy
March 4th, 2009, 05:21 PM
For me, the Ubuntu forums have been the ducks guts:

[Edit:] (which is a strange thing for a vegetarian to say isn't it? lol) /edit

They started off by introducing me to Linux, after that they introduced me to other people's thoughts, feelings & predispositions via the now defunct Backyard sub-forum.

After that they helped educate me with regard to other operating systems/distro's/BSD's, in the now defunct Other OS Talk sub-forum.

Beyond which they also moved me into the Community Cafe sub-forum, which as it is defined by the UF's administration is not allowed to have much depth to it; which is ok, but I truly do miss the depth that was sometimes available when the BY sub-forum existed.

I have found that I, & a few other old UF regulars that I communicate with, apparently, share the same thoughts & feelings with regard to the closing of the BY sub-forum, & the more recent closure of the OOST sub-forum. We feel that the wondrous UF's have lost some of the heart that we valued so much, though I'm sure that this is just a selfish feeling that has been motivated by an emotional response due to the losses of community that the few of us have been experiencing due to these changes.

Fortunately we have a new Other OS Talk forum now, which has certainly helped our tiny sub-community to survive & hopefully grow into the future.