PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu grows...

slayer^_^
March 4th, 2009, 01:40 AM
It's half past one a.m. here... but I really have to start this thread!!

How many of you were able to find ANYTHING about ubuntu in your pc store? How many times did you ask about linux compatibility for some hardware and the owner replied you he didn't know what you were talking about?

The only linux-thing, for me, was the wireless card, which, on the front side of the box, reported that was compatible with uindous, mech, debian, suse, ubuntu ecc. ecc.

Well, yesterday i was coming back home and, as usual, I was looking at the window of the small pc store under my house... you know what? There was this small toshiba laptop which caught my attention... it was just like an eeePc, very tiny, nice, AND WITH AN UBUNTU-COMPATIBLE STICKER ON IT, with the ubuntu logo on it, on the brown background !!!

Did you get it, a sticker!!! Not the usual boring designed for uindous sticker, it was an ubuntu sticker !!!

I was so happy about it... I really wanted to buy that netbook (moreover it's very cheap... maybe because there are not 70 € of uindous on it???)

Ubuntu is growing, Ubuntu is finally coming everywhere... that's not a dream anymore!

Thank you Ubuntu :o) :popcorn:

TBOL3
March 4th, 2009, 01:58 AM
Oh, linux is growing, either that, or the word is getting out that I am incredibly zealous, so people pretend to already have opinions on the matter, just so I will go away. :)

dragos240
March 4th, 2009, 02:05 AM
This is wonderful, i am psyched for the future of Linux, in about 10 years or so, windows will be on the shelf of an antique store. And Linux will be what everyone has loaded on their computer...