PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Failed at installing b43 module correctly

Mik00014
March 4th, 2009, 01:29 AM
OK I am new to linux so you will have to bear with me if I say something ridiculous.

I have managed to connect to wireless networks with the wl module, however I would like to install b43 module instead as I get more functionality with my card.

I am trying to install the b43 for my broadcom wireless card. So far I have managed to get b43 in lsmod, with my firmware b43-fwcutter also installed. However, iwconfig doesn't show my card, and I don't get any kind of wireless action going on.

I have come to the conclusion that either I am not installing b43 in the right place (I have no idea how to install to a specific directory), or I am installing b43-fwcutter and b43 module in the wrong order or both.

Naturally I have become confused, and I am sure this is normally a very simple thing to do. Please let me know if you need more information, as I may have left out something vital ;)

Mik00014
March 5th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Can anyone tell me how to install to a specific directory? I'm quite sure I'm supposed to install to the updates directory.

Should I install firmware first or doesn't it matter?