PDA

View Full Version : Current issue of Linux Format free to download for the next 24 hours!

KhaaL
March 3rd, 2009, 08:23 PM
Thats right, the best linux magazine is free for download! at least for a while so go and grab it here while its hot: http://www.tuxradar.com/content/linux-format-free-download-24-hours-only

Happy reading :popcorn:

EDIT: the page will be updated within a few hours with the link, so prepare the mouseclick barrage...

nowin4me
March 3rd, 2009, 09:11 PM
Thanks!

blueshiftoverwatch
March 3rd, 2009, 09:21 PM
I'll give it a download when it's out.

wolfen69
March 3rd, 2009, 10:04 PM
thanks for the link.

PhoenixMaster00
March 3rd, 2009, 10:10 PM
Damn heres me thinking i get a free goodie and its the issue i already bought. The next issue is about Mythtv hardware so it looks interesting.

gletob
March 3rd, 2009, 10:16 PM
No thanks it's the KDE issue it'll probably clog up Evince. ;)
sudo killall sarcasm

Look interesting although the MythTV issue sounds more exciting.

mips
March 3rd, 2009, 10:20 PM
The comments by some individuals on that website are really shamefull if you ask me.

fatality_uk
March 3rd, 2009, 11:03 PM
Already subscribe!!

MasterNetra
March 3rd, 2009, 11:09 PM
sudo apt-get magazine

Thanks! :)

billgoldberg
March 3rd, 2009, 11:14 PM
PDF?

Hmmm, no thanks.

Stan_1936
March 4th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Thats right, the best linux magazine is free for download! at least for a while ......

Does this happen often?

Also, how often is Linux Magazine released....monthly?

kamitsukai
March 4th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Does this happen often?

Also, how often is Linux Magazine released....monthly?

First I've herd of them releasing the magazine for free download,

and yes Linux Format is released monthly;)

5BallJuggler
March 4th, 2009, 01:05 AM
It's started!!!!

KhaaL
March 4th, 2009, 01:11 AM
It's started!!!!

Good to see that i wasnt the only one hitting the refresh button so hysterically :D

Sealbhach
March 4th, 2009, 01:13 AM
It's a great a magazine, I've been buying it for the last six months. Lots of tutorials and how-to's.

5BallJuggler
March 4th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Good to see that i wasnt the only one hitting the refresh button so hysterically :D

I wasn't, I got lucky

mips
March 4th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Please keep seeding. I'm off to bed and don't leave my pc on overnight so I'll try and download in the morning.

FuturePilot
March 4th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Downloading now. I'll be seeding until it won't let me anymore. :)

oldos2er
March 4th, 2009, 03:25 AM
Thats right, the best linux magazine is free for download! at least for a while so go and grab it here while its hot: http://www.tuxradar.com/content/linux-format-free-download-24-hours-only

Happy reading :popcorn:

EDIT: the page will be updated within a few hours with the link, so prepare the mouseclick barrage...

Thank you for posting this.

MarblePanther
March 4th, 2009, 03:33 AM
PDF?

Hmmm, no thanks.

What would you rather have? .docx? :)

Firestem4
March 4th, 2009, 07:28 AM
That was great! I read the entire thing cover to cover (something i rarely do tbh).

I am considering purchasing a subscription to this Magazine in the near future. (Whenever my job picks up again. rawr =( )

I was dissapointed to read that One Laptop Per Child is dropping Linux and switching to windows =(. Even though they are "offering" a choice (including with it dual-booting, essentially they're only offering windows). Something that a developing third world country doesn't need to get itself wrapped up with.

The Windows on the OLPC-computers will include DRM-software (woohoo, lets sue the poor kids of the world....)

k2t0f12d
March 4th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Snapped that torrent up..I'll have a read tomorrow at work.

adamlau
March 4th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Downloading now...

3rdalbum
March 4th, 2009, 12:32 PM
It's a great magazine and you can find it all over the world. Now that you know how good it is, next month you can buy a real copy of it! :-)

Orlsend
March 4th, 2009, 01:05 PM
I am downloading. I think I saw this magazine when I was visiting Finland. I live in Africa so its NOT available around. Unless I get a better printer I won't buy the download versions.

mips
March 4th, 2009, 01:41 PM
It's a great magazine and you can find it all over the world. Now that you know how good it is, next month you can buy a real copy of it! :-)

Only problem is that I find it expensive (as with most imported mags) and cannot justify the costs. 16USD, 13Euro, 11.5GBP which is almost twick the UK cover price.

Another good magazine which you can get is Linux Magazine (http://www.linux-magazine.com/)

athaki
March 4th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the link. Definately going to host for a few days.

Chilli Bob
March 4th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Thanks, downloaded and partly read.

Even better was the Linux Starter Pack magazine available from the same page. That is perfect for giving to friends who I am trying to convert to Linux.

Dr. C
March 4th, 2009, 05:15 PM
There is also a great introduction to get someone started with Ubuntu in http://www.tuxradar.com/linuxstarterpack. By the way the sections on applications such as OpenOffice,org, Firefox, Gimp etc., are also applicable to MS windows users of those applications.:smile:

Dragonbite
March 4th, 2009, 05:56 PM
I don't think work would like me downloading 128MB (let alone, a torrent) so I'll have to try and do it at home. Not to mention, I'll be way too tempted to print it on the color laser printer here and that might be noticed ;).

It does look interesting though.