PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] bug:after nvidia drivers installed,video card screwed up

jimmyhacker
March 3rd, 2009, 05:08 PM
Hi,yesterday i installed nvidia-glx-new driver for my GeForce FX 2500,compiz and emerald worked properly,and after shutdown my Video Card was screwed up.I booted Winxp and i seen colored dots,really slow opening applications and can`t switch ptograms.I reinstalled Xubuntu and my Video Card is good now.now i tried to re-installl nvidia drivers but same problem.
Something screwed up my Video Card.i seen something about nvidia-glx-new and Xubuntu at bugs(.)launchpad(.)org but i dont understood.now when i move windows they look like they`re copied.

My configuration:

256 mb RAM
processor AMD athlon XP 1.2 Ghz
Nvidia GeForce FX 2500 128 MB Vram

Please help this is my mom`s PC and if i will do something wrong my mom will kill me.(im not newb)

Monsieur Gonzalez
March 3rd, 2009, 06:36 PM
Hi, if you're using 8.04, the GeForce FX 2500 is supported and should use the package nvidia-glx 1.0-96xx , not the nvidia-glx 100.14.09(new), so that might be the problem.

If in doubt, take a look at this wiki page (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/Nvidia).

About your mom, just tell her you're doing drugs, and then say, just kiddin', it's just a little problem with your computer ;)

jimmyhacker
March 10th, 2009, 10:28 PM
finally,my mom`s computer not boots.because of xubuntu and dumb nvidia drivers,mom`s pc needs a new nvidia card.thanks Xubuntu Hardy Heron and Nvidia for breaking me without food for 2 days and breaking my sister without a new dress.

lukjad
July 19th, 2009, 02:50 PM
finally,my mom`s computer not boots.because of xubuntu and dumb nvidia drivers,mom`s pc needs a new nvidia card.thanks Xubuntu Hardy Heron and Nvidia for breaking me without food for 2 days and breaking my sister without a new dress.
Ummm. Could you rephrase that? It's kinda confusing.