PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Internet Not Connecting :(

ambdeep
March 3rd, 2009, 02:54 PM
My internet stopped working from today morning. Initially it was giving an irregular connection..... but by the end of the day I couldn't scan for any ports. My ISP doesn't support Linux....but for the past two months I was able to connect to the internet using the "sudo pppoeconf" command. My net works perfectly on Windows.
Please HELP!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance

Cybie257
March 3rd, 2009, 02:56 PM
What type of internet? DSL, Cable, etc.?? Using a router? Wired/Wireless???

It would help to help you with more information. :)

-Cybie

theozzlives
March 3rd, 2009, 02:57 PM
do you have a firewall?

ambdeep
March 3rd, 2009, 02:57 PM
Cable

ambdeep
March 3rd, 2009, 02:58 PM
dunno how do i find out....i havent installed any

ambdeep
March 3rd, 2009, 03:18 PM
is there any software available which cloaks itself as a windows dialer or something like that????

issih
March 3rd, 2009, 03:44 PM
Please Give as many details as you can about the problem, and the hardware pertaining to it.

Tell us the make and model of your dsl modem

Tell us exactly how you configure it (leaving out any password info obviously)

Tell us as much as you possibly can, or it will be almost impossible for anyone to help.

Its a bit like saying my house is on fire, where is the nearest river so I can get some water? and not actually telling us where you live.

To paraphrase a silly movie...

Help us help you :)

ambdeep
March 3rd, 2009, 04:11 PM
I have an Asus motherboard with an onboard LAN card.
I use the "sudo pppoeconf" command to create a new connection.....it first scans for some port or ISP then asks me to feed in my user ID and password.... Usually after setup my internet should automatically connect on boot......if it doesn't I disconnect using "sudo poff dsl-provider" and reconnect using"sudo pon dsl-provider".....if it still doesn't work I use the first command to setup the connection again......but from today morning the "sudo pppoeconf" command cannot locate any ports(ISP side ports).........my ISP(as i mentioned earlier) doesn't support Linux but Ive still managed to use it up to today................thats all I know...if there is any other information you require please ask........thanks for replying though!

ambdeep
March 4th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Is there any one who can help me plzzzz im in desperate need of the internet on my ubuntu OS