View Full Version : Halo Install Problem a10.map

March 3rd, 2009, 08:06 AM
Hello, I am a first time poster to the Ubuntu forums. There have been a few threads posted about installing Halo but so far none have helped me with the problem I encounter when trying to install halo. To begin I have Ubuntu 8.10 with Wine 1.0.1 and the disc I am trying to install Halo off of I purchased legitimately from Circuit City. When I try installing Halo everything goes fine entering in the serial number until it comes to the screen where it installs the files onto the computer. That goes fine until it gets to a file called a10.map at about 4% of the game install and it prevents me from continuing the install. Any help on the matter is greatly appreciated.

March 4th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Have you already followed the installation how-to on Wine's AppDB page for the game:

If you are already following that, are you getting any error messages on that file, such as "CRC check failed" or anything like that? If so, it could indicate a problem with the disk itself and not Wine or Ubuntu.

If you are getting no error messages at all and you are following that how-to, then it might help to run the install through the terminal and post Wine's terminal output. It may contain some error messages from Wine itself that can explain the problem.