PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to install compiz settings manager

Juan0130
March 3rd, 2009, 04:50 AM
Hi,

I just installed ubuntu 8.10 yesterday on my laptop, i wanted to try it and im loving it, but im new new new, i dont know anything about it, i have always used windows but now im making my transition. The first thing i want to know is how to install compiz setting manager. i follow the instruction given in the magazine i bought and in some web pages but synaptic doesnt list it compiz settings manager. When i put the command on the terminal it says couldnt find compiz setting manager package. so if anyone can help me. its one of the features i want to see the most of ubuntu. so if anyone can help me

thanks in advance. also flashplugin-nonfree isnt listed either. why???

abn91c
March 3rd, 2009, 05:16 AM
its in synaptics, its called compizconfig-settings-manager

PonnyNation
March 3rd, 2009, 07:40 AM
I did the same some days ago. For KDE you seems to need more then just the Compiz, when you search for Compiz in Adept, there are more then one found, install of them, except the one under Utilities, and then you search for Compiz on the "start" menu and you will find Compiz different programs. This is how far I have got.

kelvin spratt
March 3rd, 2009, 08:11 AM
Look for cssm in synaptic

Juan0130
March 3rd, 2009, 09:40 AM
I finall found it, thanks for all of your help guys. First i updated my computer and downloaded and updated all the packages. the problem was in the quicksearch, thats what i was using and for some reason it didnt find the compiz setting manager. then i tried the search in edit/search, and it did found it. so problem solved. thank you :P