PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Upside-down-ternet

absolutezero1287
March 3rd, 2009, 12:40 AM
upside_down_internet (http://www.ex-parrot.com/~pete/upside-down-ternet.html)

Found this interesting configuration online and I was wondering how would I do this on my Ubuntu box. I've enabled WPA on my wireless router but just in case someone is able to crack that I'd like to mess with them.

absolutezero1287
March 13th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Bump.

dmizer
March 13th, 2009, 01:47 AM
Frankly, that config is over my head in a couple places. It would take me a significant amount of time to hammer it out, and I'm not sure the reward would be worth it. I did seriously consider it though, and I may still do so but without direct experience with it there's no way for me to offer you detailed support.

There looks to be enough there to piece it all together, but you'd need a dedicated server or two. First you need your wireless to be handled through a Linux gateway. Second you'll need to configure a squid proxy.

I'm not completely clear on the trusted/untrusted netblocks, but I haven't spent a lot of time on this either.

kpatz
March 13th, 2009, 02:09 AM
That would be a fun April Fool's joke to play on a co-worker or two... set up the squid proxy on a spare machine and then set their browser to go through it. Suddenly all their images are upside down.