PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Kolourpaint automatic fullscreen

nathand28
March 2nd, 2009, 07:49 PM
I have installed Kolourpaint in Gnome, and recently whenever I start it or open a new file it automatically goes to fullscreen. I can change it in the settings sometimes, but sometimes it crashes my computer but I can just press ctrl alt backspace.
Is there a way to fix this or is there another graphics program that has the same functionality as Kolourpaint but is easier to use than GIMP ?

nathand28
March 7th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Bump

Twitch6000
March 7th, 2009, 07:08 PM
For a simple paint program you might wanna try tuxpaint.

It is a bit more child like,but it is easy to use.

nathand28
March 8th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Tux and gpaint both seem to be lacking a lot of features, whereas Kolourpaint has all the features I need but doesn't work properly.
Let me put it another way. Is there a way to change Kolourpaint's default preferences to change the way it defaults to fullscreen. Where is the Kolourpaint install directory so I can edit some preference files?

matborda
March 17th, 2009, 10:03 PM
nathand28,

I also had your same problem with KolourPaint and Firefox.

I solved following this: http://www.tuxbay.org/component/content/190.html?task=view

Maybe you don't know italuan :)

But it just says to write in the terminal:

first
gconftool --type=bool --set /apps/compiz/plugins/workarounds/allscreens/options/legacy_fullscreen false

and then
gconftool --type=bool --set /apps/compiz/general/screen0/options/unredirect_fullscreen_windows false

I hope it will be useful!!!

Timpotten
March 19th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Well, It worked for me! I can now see the menu bars without having to click "settings> fullscreen" So thanks Folks! :D

nathand28
March 24th, 2009, 07:39 PM
nathand28,

I also had your same problem with KolourPaint and Firefox.

I solved following this: http://www.tuxbay.org/component/content/190.html?task=view

Maybe you don't know italuan :)

But it just says to write in the terminal:

first

and then

I hope it will be useful!!!

Thanks, it worked.
I just noticed that it was happening in Firefox too.