PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Harrison is leaving the Colts

forrestcupp
March 2nd, 2009, 03:38 PM
Well, there's no stopping him now. Marvin Harrison is leaving the Indianapolis Colts. What do you guys think of that?

Personally, it doesn't bother me to see him go. He's on his way down, and he is kind of a jerk anyway. He refused to go to his farewell press release, and he wouldn't even issue a statement to his fans. I think there are times when even private people should be responsible to speak out.

Now, I wonder where he will go. I think he made a mistake because he's not at the top of his game. He's leaving because of pay, and we'll see what kind of a deal he ends up with.

Corfy
March 3rd, 2009, 05:34 AM
As an NFL fan, I'm always sorry to see a player who has been with one team for as long as he has and has meant as much to a team as he has to leave for another team. He has been a Colt since his debut in 1996, and he has certainly been one of the premier wide receivers in the NFL.

However, I'm not a Colts fan (not really against them, just not for them), so from that standpoint, I don't have any feelings about it one way or the other (despite the fact that I live 20 miles from Lucas Oil Stadium, which is the home of the Colts, for those who didn't know).

swoll1980
March 3rd, 2009, 06:04 AM
He makes way more money than what he's worth, and it was a good move for them to free up cap room. They still have Wayne, and Gonzalez (Go Ohio State) and Utech(TE not sure how to spell it) makes a good third option for them.

wolfen69
March 3rd, 2009, 06:14 AM
He's on his way down, and he is kind of a jerk anyway. He refused to go to his farewell press release
as a lifelong colts fan since 72, i feel i should respond here. first off, he is not a jerk. he has NEVER during his career, said bad things about his teammates, organization, or otherwise. he has been the consummate professional.

how do you know he is not planning a press conference in the future? besides, he does not owe me or anyone else anything. he had a job to do, and did it in a world class manner.

after 13 years of pro bowl service, you are going to call him a jerk because he does not hold a press conference? leave the man alone already. that was an ignorant thing to say.

wolfen69
March 3rd, 2009, 06:17 AM
They still have Wayne, and Gonzalez (Go Ohio State) and Utech(TE not sure how to spell it) makes a good third option for them.
actually, utecht went to the bengals last year. but don't feel sorry for the colts receivers, they will do just fine. either Hall or Garcon are ready to step up for the third spot.

swoll1980
March 3rd, 2009, 06:55 AM
actually, utecht went to the bengals last year. but don't feel sorry for the colts receivers, they will do just fine. either Hall or Garcon are ready to step up for the third spot.

Who's their TE now? Big white guy.

igknighted
March 3rd, 2009, 06:57 AM
As a fan of former Orangemen, I am hoping he reunites with Donovan in Philly.

wolfen69
March 3rd, 2009, 07:01 AM
As a fan of former Orangemen, I am hoping he reunites with Donovan in Philly.

I wear an SU jacket every day. I'm from Rochester originally.

wolfen69
March 3rd, 2009, 07:16 AM
Who's their TE now? Big white guy.

That would be Dallas Clark. Awesome TE.

forrestcupp
March 11th, 2009, 08:25 PM
after 13 years of pro bowl service, you are going to call him a jerk because he does not hold a press conference? leave the man alone already. that was an ignorant thing to say.Well, you're right. I've always liked him as a player. He has been professional. But it just kind of set me off that he is leaving because he's not willing to work with them on his pay, especially when he's not been at the top of his game.

I remember a couple of years ago when Manning was willing to shift his pay around to help with the cap problem. I know that shifting pay is different than losing some pay, but then again, Manning wasn't going down hill at that time.

That would be Dallas Clark. Awesome TE.Dallas Clark is an awesome tight end. I'm also glad we're not losing Jeff Saturday. He's a great center.