PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] PROB: g2ipmsg Attachments not working

krishna_iyer
March 2nd, 2009, 10:18 AM
Hi

I have downloaded and compiled and installed g2ipmsg ver 0.9.6.

There are two annoying issues with the Ubuntu based IPMsg

1. The user list keeps refreshing while i am selecting other users, thereby rendering all my earlier selections as waste. Imagine If i have to send the message to 20 odd people in multiple groups which are not visible on the first screen!

2. The attachment pane is weird. while I see the open button, textbox, two arrow buttons and the file added listbox, I do not see any attach/save button. By clicking the close(x) button, it does not attach the files. I also tried the drag drop file option also but that opens the same dialog box.

Would be great if somebody has also encountered a similar prob and found a solution

I am using v8.1 of Ubuntu desktop 64 bit OS.

thanks
Krishna

tys0n
February 24th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Hi Krishna,
After you drag, a new window will be opened. Keep that window opened and select the user(s) you wanted to send the message and press send. Don not close that window before sending.

-Murali

Hi

I have downloaded and compiled and installed g2ipmsg ver 0.9.6.

There are two annoying issues with the Ubuntu based IPMsg

1. The user list keeps refreshing while i am selecting other users, thereby rendering all my earlier selections as waste. Imagine If i have to send the message to 20 odd people in multiple groups which are not visible on the first screen!

2. The attachment pane is weird. while I see the open button, textbox, two arrow buttons and the file added listbox, I do not see any attach/save button. By clicking the close(x) button, it does not attach the files. I also tried the drag drop file option also but that opens the same dialog box.

Would be great if somebody has also encountered a similar prob and found a solution

I am using v8.1 of Ubuntu desktop 64 bit OS.

thanks
Krishna