PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] new install wireless problem

lindsay7
March 1st, 2009, 07:31 AM
I am setting up the last of three computers on ubuntu. I did the install under windows vista. The icon at the top of the page says the I am connceted to my home router but firefox will not connect to the internet and the router does not show that this computer is attached. Does anyone have any ideas for me. I am using the same wireless adapter (netgear wg111v2) on the other computers and they work just fine.

Ericyzfr1
March 1st, 2009, 07:39 AM
Did you check how FF is set to connect to the internet? Sounds easy, but I had it happened to me before.
Also, the connection to the router does not mean internet access, but I think you checked with the other computers.

lindsay7
March 1st, 2009, 07:43 AM
I did not check anythin on ff. I just clicked on it after the install to set up gmail. Is there a setting I do not know about. The other computers on up and connceted to the internet thru ff now.

Acetertrix
March 1st, 2009, 10:37 AM
I think he means go to Options in firefox and make sure the connections Tab is set to autodetect connection.

lindsay7
March 2nd, 2009, 01:45 AM
After hours of trying to get this usb adaptor to work, I decided the easiest thing to do way buy a Linksys WUSB54GC as suggested in the Ubuntu network forum Sticky write up. I was plug and play.

Consider my post solved with cash.