PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] can not find autorun program...

mozzerjr
March 1st, 2009, 04:12 AM
i think this is kinda funny but it still sucks.
having ubuntu 8.10 i know i can just reinstall it because it says i can on the back of the case. well i just wanted to try out windows vista just to see what its like, and got an erro autorunning softwear :can not find the auto run program. i also gotten the same erro when i tryed to reinstall ubuntu. am i doing something wrong?
befor i had ubuntu, windows let me install ubuntu with no problems am i stuck never to reboot again?

Mark Phelps
March 1st, 2009, 06:01 PM
i think this is kinda funny but it still sucks.
having ubuntu 8.10 i know i can just reinstall it because it says i can on the back of the case.
You can reinstall Ubuntu anytime you want because, unlike MS Windows OSs, there's no activation limitation.

well i just wanted to try out windows vista just to see what its like, and got an erro autorunning softwear :can not find the auto run program.
Not aware that you can run Vista from a LiveDVD, you have to install it to "try it out". So, what exactly did you do?

i also gotten the same erro when i tryed to reinstall ubuntu.
This is really confusing because Linux doesn't use the autorun feature that MS Windows uses. Don't see how you could have got the same error message.

am i doing something wrong?
Obviously, but it's hard to tell what without more details.

befor i had ubuntu, windows let me install ubuntu with no problems

This implies that you installed Ubuntu inside Windows using Wubi. The only other options are (1) you installed Ubuntu over Windows, wiping Windows in the process, or (2) you created a separate partition and installed Ubuntu in a dual-boot scenario. So, which was it?

am i stuck never to reboot again?
Maybe ... how about being clearer about what happens when you try to boot. And, are you trying to boot into Windows or into Ubuntu?