PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] which ubuntu version should i install?

sansa dude
March 1st, 2009, 03:13 AM
i want to install a version of ubuntu ( xubuntu, edubuntu etc.) but i have a computer with a 10gb hard drive with 256 mb of RAM it is a laptop which i will mostly use for school (i am in grade 9) i have ubnuntu installed but it takes up almost half of my hard drive so i woul like one that will install less than 2.5 gbs of space

thanks in advance!

taurus
March 1st, 2009, 03:47 AM
And you want something that is a little lite on the system resources too. Xubuntu should be good since Ubuntu should be slow on that laptop.

sansa dude
March 1st, 2009, 03:56 AM
ok kool is there a way where i can install only the OS it self with no programs on it? so i can add programs like open office and Gimp on my own so i can save some space with not having programs i don't use?

taurus
March 1st, 2009, 04:05 AM
Maybe MinimalCD is what you want, https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD.

sansa dude
March 1st, 2009, 04:19 AM
ok with the mini cd will i ba able to choose the programs? i have a fairly fast internet speed im currently downloading xubuntu and i have the edubuntu ready to burn. so am i best to install xubuntu then?

sansa dude
March 1st, 2009, 08:08 AM
i think i am going to install xubuntu my computer should be able to run it fine with looking at the minimum requirements and the recomended requirements