PDA

View Full Version : Paul Harvey has died...

sports fan Matt
March 1st, 2009, 02:31 AM
Radio Host Paul Harvey Has Died..Im trying to get more details but none are available yet..i'll try to get more info on it

nitehawk777
March 1st, 2009, 02:54 AM
I can only imagine how old he was! It brought back memories to read his name,......
his noon news program was our main center of interest, back in the 50's, in Corpus Christi, Texas,.....
And as he always finished his news and commentary:

"Paul Harvey,....Gooood DAY!!!"

http://www.abcrn.com/harvey/

sports fan Matt
March 1st, 2009, 02:57 AM
Statement from ABC Radio Networks

Paul Harvey was one of the most gifted and beloved broadcasters in our nation’s history. As he delivered the news each day with his own unique style and commentary, his voice became a trusted friend in American households. His career in radio spanned more than seven decades, during which time countless millions of listeners were both informed and entertained by his “News & Comment” and “Rest of the Story” features. Even after the passing of his loving wife Angel in May 2008, Paul would not slip quietly into retirement as he continued to take the microphone and reach out to his audience. We will miss our dear friend tremendously and are grateful for the many years we were so fortunate to have known him. Our thoughts and prayers are now with his son Paul Jr. and the rest of the Harvey family.

Jim Robinson
President, ABC Radio Networks

My father and mother created from thin air what one day became radio and television news. So in the past year, an industry has lost its godparents and today millions have lost a friend.

Paul Harvey Jr.

chucky chuckaluck
March 1st, 2009, 03:06 AM
is this a paul harvey jr. we're talking about?

happysmileman
March 1st, 2009, 03:16 AM
is this a paul harvey jr. we're talking about?

I think that last sentence was a quote by his son (Paul Harvey Jr.)

JT9161
March 1st, 2009, 04:05 AM
A sad day for radio

sports fan Matt
March 1st, 2009, 04:22 AM
Happy is right...that was from his son

Giant Speck
March 1st, 2009, 05:15 AM
And now he knows the rest of the story.

R.I.P. Mr. Harvey.

sports fan Matt
March 1st, 2009, 04:12 PM
last night our local station WGN Radio carried a tribute and the same station is carrying more tributes..I can honestly say he was a legend...for more then 5 decades. I am not sure about other countries, but here in the us, he was widely popular..you didnt always agree but you respected him.