PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Problems installing K9Copy

Porch951
February 28th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Hello!
Just decided to join the Kubuntu world a few weeks ago, and so far i'm loving it! :KS

I've been having problems getting k9copy to work. I used adept (as well as apt-get) to install, but it installs version 2.0.2. This version crashes.
I did some reading and apparently that was a common problem with version 2.0.2--they're on version 2.2.0 now and those problems are fixed.

That leaves me with the only option of downloading the 2.2 source, compiling, and installing from there...right?

I downloaded KDevelop and asked it to open the k9copy project, specified the directory, and nothing. Which leaves me totally lost. There's also some very unhelpful text in the k9copy readme about setting variables, using the konsole, and some other stuff.

So.....my question is, is there another way to get the latest version of k9copy with Adept (or the like), or could someone point me in the right direction--an FAQ or walkthrough--for getting the source compiled? :confused:

Thanks for any help you can offer! :)

Edit: i'm using 8.10 and KDE 4.2

taurus
February 28th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Remove the older version from your machine. Then, download the new version to your desktop and double-click it to install it.

http://www.getdeb.net/app/K9Copy

Porch951
February 28th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Oh.

Well that was easy :( Now i feel like a dummy!

Thank you very much, taurus!