PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Urgent help

adecisco
February 28th, 2009, 03:18 PM
PLEAESE I WILL NEED URGENT HELP FROM WHOEVER CARE. AND NO DOUBT I WILL REALLY APPRECIATE THE PERSON THAT SHOW CARE.

ALL HAVE BEEN GOING ON WELL UNTIL I COMPLETED SOFTWARE CRITICAL UPDATE THAT UBUNTU REQUIRED AFTERWARE

SOME OF MY SHORTCUT STOP RESPONDING. MY SYNAPTIC SHORTCUT AND LOTS OF OTHERS WILL NOT WORK UNLESS I GO THROUGH THE COMMAND LINE. I DID gksudo TO LAUNCH GNS3 IT DID NOT WORK.

PLEASE HELP ME. ALSO HOW CAN I TURN MY PRESENT UBUNTU OPERATING SYSTEM INTO IMAGE THAT CAN BE INSTALLED IN ANOHTER SYSTEM. I NEED THIS SO THAT I WON'T NEED TO GO THRU THE LONG PROCESS OF UPGRADING MORE THAT 200 UPGRADE THAT IS REQUIRED WHEN FRESH INSTALLATION IS DONE.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR GREAT COMMUNITY MEMBERS.

telescope
February 28th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Hello
I could not figure out what could caused the shortcuts problem.But maybe "dpkg-reconfigure" or "aptitude" could be an way to solve it.

Regarding the ubuntu image, try to use "remastersys". follow the link:
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/creating-custom-ubuntu-live-cd-with-remastersys.html

adecisco
March 1st, 2009, 02:32 PM
THANKS YOU ASSISTANT IS VERY USEFUL. I RAN INTO ANOTHER PROBLEM TODAY I WAS TRY TO INSTALL VMWARE IN NTFS FORMATED DRIVE BUT BEFORE IF FINISHED I HALT IN THE INSTALLATION BUT RE-INSTALLING VMWARE IS NOW BECOMING DIFFICULT AS EVERY TIME I TRY TO RE-INSTALLED THIS IS THE MESSAGE I GET.

A previous installation of VMware Server has been detected.

The previous installation was made by the tar installer (version 4).

Keeping the tar4 installer database format.

You have a product that conflicts with VMware Server installed. Continuing
this install will first uninstall this product. Do you wish to continue?
(yes/no) [yes]

Error: Unable to execute "/media/DATA_DRIVE/Virtual-Machine-File/vmware-uninstall.pl.

Uninstall failed. Please correct the failure and re run the install.

Execution aborted.

I WILL APPRECIATE USEFUL ADVICE

THANKS.