PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Install hung-up!

MikeWW
February 28th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Hi there,

I'm completly new with Linux but need to learn about Linux because: i'm getting sick of Windows! I have XP pro, but will not got to Vista or Win 7!

So I bought this magazine: Linux starter. With a copy of Ubuntu 8.10. I'm trying to install it on a PIII-500 mHz with 394 Mb memory and a 160 Mb HD. Al the settings are going well but when it comes the Partitions it stops at 5% (ext3 is being created).
When I reboot and try again and constantly wiggeling my mouse it goes up to 25% and my computer lock-up!

What is the problem here? It's not the disk. I downloaded a copy at Ubuntu.com yesterday evening. Same story!

Please help!

Thanks in advance!
Mike Wellink
The Netherlands

MikeWW
February 28th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Hi there,

I'm completly new with Linux but need to learn about Linux because: i'm getting sick of Windows! I have XP pro, but will not got to Vista or Win 7!

So I bought this magazine: Linux starter. With a copy of Ubuntu 8.10. I'm trying to install it on a PIII-500 mHz with 394 Mb memory and a 160 Mb HD. Al the settings are going well but when it comes the Partitions it stops at 5% (ext3 is being created).
When I reboot and try again and constantly wiggeling my mouse it goes up to 25% and my computer lock-up!

What is the problem here? It's not the disk. I downloaded a copy at Ubuntu.com yesterday evening. Same story!

Please help!

Thanks in advance!
Mike Wellink
The Netherlands

I think I know the problem! My system requirements!
Xubuntu is at 47% of installation as I type this!

Greetingz Mike