PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Blank screen while installing

adonis9
February 26th, 2009, 06:03 PM
when i tried to install Ubuntu within windows, and selecting Ubuntu from a boot menu my machine rebooted every time i try to select the Ubuntu from OS menu. so i log in to my windows and uninstall the Ubuntu from my drive.

and i also try to boot from a CD.
after selecting language and the option of install Ubuntu a screen appear where there was a progress bar after filling the bar the screen goes blank but there was a blinking line. and after some time it also disappears. and screen went blank i waited for 15 minutes but noting appeared.

this has been repeated for several time but no vain. can anyone shed some light on this issue.

p.s: i also check the disk for integrity but my disk was fine.

overdrank
February 26th, 2009, 06:16 PM
when i tried to install Ubuntu within windows, and selecting Ubuntu from a boot menu my machine rebooted every time i try to select the Ubuntu from OS menu. so i log in to my windows and uninstall the Ubuntu from my drive.

and i also try to boot from a CD.
after selecting language and the option of install Ubuntu a screen appear where there was a progress bar after filling the bar the screen goes blank but there was a blinking line. and after some time it also disappears. and screen went blank i waited for 15 minutes but noting appeared.

this has been repeated for several time but no vain. can anyone shed some light on this issue.

p.s: i also check the disk for integrity but my disk was fine.

Hi and could you give us some system specs?
Have you tried any options under the F4 option, I believe this will let you select a resolution.

avtolle
February 26th, 2009, 06:24 PM
IIRC, an option under F4 is to use Safe Graphics Mode, which may help the OP get past the apparent graphics card problem. System specs would also be helpful, as there may be something else involved as well as the graphics card issue.

I see you checked the CD for defects and none were found. Did you also check the md5sum of the iso before burning it ?

adonis9
February 26th, 2009, 06:24 PM
hey!

i am using Intel core 2 duo e7300. and 2 GB of ram with nvidia graphics card.

and i haven't try any other options yet....

adonis9
February 26th, 2009, 06:27 PM
i did install Ubuntu from the same Cd before. with it was install within windows vista now i am using XP sp3. and want to install Ubuntu as a full OS.

avtolle
February 26th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Try the F4 Safe Graphics option.

adonis9
February 26th, 2009, 07:57 PM
thanks t

he problem is solved