PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] What's the Download Size for Ubuntu 8.10?

Saurabhdua
February 26th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Hi Guys!!

Iam on a limited Internet Plan & roughly have 3GB of Download Limit remaining for this month's allocation!

I wish to try my hands-on to "Latest Ubuntu Version"---8.10!

What's the "Download Size" of the same so that I can make a final call on whether to go for "Download" OR make its request through "Free CD Shipping"!!!

Inform please!

dzark
February 26th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Its the size of a CD ;) just under 700meg..

Generally i've found the cd's to turn up within 10 days..

Remember to use
aptoncd to make a backup of any extra softwares you'll download later. This has really helped me when i've hosed my system in limited bandwidth times, or when you want to install the same programs on your other computers but not have to download it all over again.

I have a good buddy who lives just out of town without cheap internet (cellular phone based only $$$!!) so most times I visit, he brings out the re-writeable cd and we update his system.

Saurabhdua
February 26th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Its the size of a CD ;) just under 700meg..

Generally i've found the cd's to turn up within 10 days..

Remember to use
aptoncd to make a backup of any extra softwares you'll download later. This has really helped me when i've hosed my system in limited bandwidth times, or when you want to install the same programs on your other computers but not have to download it all over again.

I have a good buddy who lives just out of town without cheap internet (cellular phone based only $$$!!) so most times I visit, he brings out the re-writeable cd and we update his system.
Thanks Dzark!

It was really a "Foolish Thing" to ask for Size on my part!! But will that Download have an option to install Ubuntu "inside" Windows?? or what you call as a Wubi Thing? I have been using Hardy Heron(8.04.02) like that only!

dzark
February 26th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Yes, wubi is available on 8.10 aswell :)