PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Problems with networking after upgrading from Hardy to Intrepid

GulGhan
February 26th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Hi,

I've just finished upgrading and am now having some problems with my Internet connection.

On Hardy everything was set up and working (IP, Gateway, DNS and such all have to be set to specific values because of my local network). After upgrading, the connection is still working, oddly enough, while nm-applet doesn't know anything about any connection. For example, nowhere in Network Configuration can I find the value for DNS, but it is obviously still being used. Also, the tray icon has a small exclamation mark in an orange triangle, so I guess something really is wrong.

I'm guessing that the problem is that the new networking tools don't have their configuration files in order. Left-clicking on the network tray icon shows an almost entirely grayed out menu, with "device is unmanaged" written beneath each wired connection. Another clue here is that I can't permanently disable wireless networking. Even after unchecking "Enable Wireless Networking", it gets reactivated after the next restart.

Is there any way of restoring the networking tools that were being used in Hardy? Or maybe setting up the new ones?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.