PDA

View Full Version : Python and QT4(5) Programming

Dekkon
February 26th, 2009, 12:05 AM
I wanna start programming open-source software, and I have a few questions, this will be of great help and appreciated.

What are the needed packages I have to install to begin developing programs in Python for QT4(Possibly 5)?
Also, what do you all recommend for a IDE, otherwise I'll just stick to Kate, or GEdit?
Also again, Is there any tutorials for QT Programming with Python?

Thanks.

snova
February 26th, 2009, 12:24 AM
I wanna start programming open-source software, and I have a few questions, this will be of great help and appreciated.

If you're only starting, you might want to avoid GUI programming for a bit...

What are the needed packages I have to install to begin developing programs in Python for QT4(Possibly 5)?

Qt5? Never heard of it.

Install the python-qt4 package.

Also, what do you all recommend for a IDE, otherwise I'll just stick to Kate, or GEdit?

Eh, I like Kate myself...

Also again, Is there any tutorials for QT Programming with Python?

Qt with Python is more or less the same as Qt in C++- the reference documentation for which is in qt4-doc (or the HTML version, qt4-doc-html). There are some differences, however, noted in the documentation. The PyQt4 documentation is in python-qt4-doc package, and the main page is at /usr/share/doc/python-qt4-doc/html/pyqt4ref.html.

Dekkon
February 26th, 2009, 03:09 AM
[QUOTE=snova;6800524]If you're only starting, you might want to avoid GUI programming for a bit...

Qt5? Never heard of it.

Install the python-qt4 package./QUOTE]

I lied, was referring to developing with QT. About QT 5, I was also referring to QT 4.5, it's been a long night. lol