PDA

View Full Version : Windows Mobile 6.1 Software recomendations

jonathonblake
February 25th, 2009, 09:58 PM
All:

All:

Smartphone: Samsung Saga

I got this device to provide tech support for some software that runs on Windows Mobile 6.1.

Can somebody recommend windows mobile 6.1 software that provides the following functionality:

# IRC/IM client that fully supports the following protocols & services:
* Bonjour
* Gadu-Gadu
* Google Talk
* IRC
* MySpaceIM
* QQ
* SILC
* SIMPLE
* Sametime
* XMPP
* Yahoo!
* Twitter
(I'd really like to use Pidgin, but it not portable to Windows Mobile.)

# Virtual Keyboard/IME that supports, at a minimum, Unicode Plane 1. Support for all sixteen Unicode planes would be preferable;

# Screen capture: To take a screen shot of the software I support, for the documentation I am writing for it. (Format doesn't matter as long as it can be converted to 1200 dpi PNG. FWIW, I use the Gimp on Ubuntu Studio 64 bit.)

# Screen Recording: I'll be creating how-to videos of the software. Probably easier to have the video of how to do something,with a voice over added later. (Format isn't import, as long as the result can be edited using Cinelerra, and Ardour.)

###

Asking here, because in the only user forum for the smartphone I've found, got no responses when I asked the question there. Samsung Tech support (Level 3) told me that I'd have to write my own software, because there are no smartphone software vendors. Tech support for my carrier told me that such software can't be written.

jonathon