PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Live cd does not work

sandro54
February 25th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Hi guys,
I've got a computer with: 4 GB RAM, Intel Q8200 64 bit, NVIDIA GE 9300 VRAM 256 MB and a monitor of 22 inches.
I wanted to install the grub from the live cd of kubuntu on my extra HD where there is installed kubuntu 8.10, because I bought a new computer and the linux HD was on the old one. I downloaded the kubuntu 8.10 live cd (the version for 64 bit architecture) and I burnt the image on a cd. When the boot starts, the cd is loaded and I can choose the language, then I choose the option: "try kubuntu without any changes to your computer", and the kubuntu blue bar appears, when it finishes loading the screen becomes black and I have to restart the computer because I cannot do anything in that situation. I tried several times, even with other live Cd's, such as the ubuntu one, or the previous version of the kubuntu one, but I see only a black screen.
CAN ANYONE HELP ME? ??? ???

thanks in advance,

Sandro

Pumalite
February 25th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Try 'Safe Graphics Mode'

avtolle
February 25th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Wondering if this is an issue with the graphics card? From the initial menu, hit F4, select "Safe Graphics Mode" (or something close to that), then select "try kubuntu...." and see if that gets you anywhere.

Dragonbite
February 25th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Have you run "check disk" form the menu to make sure the media/burn is good?