PDA

View Full Version : So it has started...

jyank
December 25th, 2005, 02:05 AM
24 hours of A Christmas Story! Yes, I love this movie, every year I watch it a few times a night on Christmas Eve. Anyone else love this movie?

Lambert
December 25th, 2005, 02:31 AM
Right there with you. I've already seen it a few times this year earlier but at least 6 hours of it are on during the 24 hour marathon.

alinuxfan
December 25th, 2005, 02:53 AM
watching it right now

carl13
December 25th, 2005, 03:36 AM
Drink More Ovaltine!

somuchfortheafter
December 25th, 2005, 03:53 AM
i fking hate ovaltine../.

raublekick
December 25th, 2005, 04:36 AM
i'll probably watch some of it tomorrow. we have the dvd, but watching random scenes at anytime during christmas day is far more satisfying.

timczer
December 25th, 2005, 04:49 AM
I had this argument with my girlfriend. She said she hated the movie because it was depressing. I think it is like the greatest Christmas movie ever. Every time I watch it it makes me laugh. As it has come on over the past couple of weeks (including tonight) I have made her watch it. She is starting to agree that it is much funnier than she remembers from when she saw it as a kid (can you believe the movie is more than 20 years old?!) An all time classic!:D

britjm
December 25th, 2005, 04:51 AM
I love the movie to death, but once is enough for me. I can take in a bunch more of the tongue and fight scenes, though. Also the Santa scene I can handle a marathon of.

akniss
December 25th, 2005, 06:10 AM
My brother and I actually got Daisy Red Rider BB guns with a compass in the stock and this thing which tells time for christmas one year. We took them outside on christmas morning, he shot me in the @$$ with his, and we didn't see them again untill next christmas.

I've owned the DVD for two years now, so I no longer have to depend on TBS for my christmas story fix.

mstlyevil
December 25th, 2005, 04:14 PM
I guess I am starting to show my age. I saw it when it was a first run in the theaters when I was a kid. It was funny then as it is now. You have to love the lamp the dad bought. and the toungue stuck on the pole is a classic.