PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 8.10 ISO Won't install

alligoodw
February 25th, 2009, 01:16 PM
What are the facts? I have Kubuntu 8.10 installed (dual booting with Vista) on a HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop. I don't like the KDE version and would like to start from scratch, reformatting my / partition and changing a few other things - doesn't sound difficult at all. As a matter of fact, I've done this (reformatting and starting over) before.

I downloaded the Ubuntu 8.10 ISO, burned it to a CD and inserted it into the drive. I rebooted the system and choose INSTALL UBUNTU 8.10. After a lot of disk reading, I eventually ended up at a terminal prompt - no installation, no nothing; I am ask about my language (English) and that is about it. I checked the CD for errors and there aren't any. It is like the installation process never happened or took place.

Question? Should I re-download the ISO and try again? Is there something else that can be terminating the installation process? I don't want to install another graphical environment with the present installation that I have. I want to start afresh and anew and I see no reason why this should fail.

sukhhari
February 25th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Before installing try with Check the Installation Disk,

alligoodw
February 25th, 2009, 04:03 PM
I did. There are no problems with the CD.