PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Getting Mac-style shade effect

rwpage
February 25th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone knows the answer to my question.. I have a Leopard style theme right now, and I was wondering if there was any way to have the shade effect from clicking the ICON on the window (rather than bring up the menu). I suppose it isn't the TRUE shade style from Mac OS X but it would be nice.

EDIT: I already checked the Configuration Editor and I didn't find anything for the action to do when you click the icon. I did find the options for clicking the title bar (I was wondering if there was anything similar, such as options for the icon).

rwpage
February 25th, 2009, 04:53 PM
bump

Anyone?

commonplace
March 2nd, 2009, 07:14 PM
I don't know of any way of doing that. I know you can make it shade by double-clicking the titlebar, but I'm not aware of any settings for changing the button's actions. Maybe someone else will know of something, though!

/Kevin

rushmobius
March 2nd, 2009, 08:28 PM
If you are using Emerald themes, you can click Edit Themes from Emerald Themer and go to the Titlebar tab.

There you can define which buttons should appear as well as making a Shade button appear in the Title-bar Object Layout field.

rwpage
March 4th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Hmmm.. I'm using the default themes.. I think they're called metacity themes? I'm really a n00b when it comes to this. Is an Emerald theme like an extra package or something? Should I install something else?

Psyphre
March 13th, 2009, 06:39 PM
yes you can but I cant remember if its in compiz settings or as commonplace said in emerald.

To install emerald you type this:
sudo apt-get install emerald

If it doesnt replace your titlebar then press alt+f2 and type:
replace --emerald

to replace your current one with emerald.

In your menu>system>preferences>emerald theme manager
you'll see lots of settings.