PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Restoring default desktop panel

salman203
February 24th, 2009, 01:16 PM
well. i m quite a new user of ubuntu. i was trying to customize my desktop environment. and i have quite messed up with the dektop panel. its menu items are gone. when i minimize a window i dont find how to maximize it as the window is permanently gone once it is minimized.so i thought one solution could b to restore the default panel settings. plz tell me is there some simple way to do that.thanks in advance.

stumbleUpon
February 24th, 2009, 02:02 PM
well. i m quite a new user of ubuntu. i was trying to customize my desktop environment. and i have quite messed up with the dektop panel. its menu items are gone. when i minimize a window i dont find how to maximize it as the window is permanently gone once it is minimized.so i thought one solution could b to restore the default panel settings. plz tell me is there some simple way to do that.thanks in advance.

Alt + F2
type 'gnome-panel' and enter
a panel should appear
configure the panel as you like -- right click > add to panel and add whatever you want.

hollyjester
February 25th, 2009, 11:46 PM
What if I am a MacBook user and F2 is assigned to brightness control.

sgosnell
February 26th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Then you need to figure out which hot-key Run is assigned to, or just open a terminal.

Or you can right-click on the existing panel, select Add To Panel, and add whatever applets you like. For the OP, that would be one of the Windows control applets at the bottom.

freddytheteddy
April 10th, 2009, 06:56 PM
What if I am a MacBook user and F2 is assigned to brightness control.

hey just hold the function key aswell, alt, fn and f2 at the same time k :)