PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu remains after deletion?

tourist
February 24th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Okay, so here it goes: I've had a lot of trouble with my dual monitors and I kinda messed up the x file to the point where I couldn't really get either monitor to work, so I just decided to delete the entire Ubuntu partition through Vista and re-install. I already spotted some remains after the deletion when I was getting a GRUB error at startup, but that was easily solved using Super GRUB.

However, now when I'm trying to re-install Ubuntu, I can't get past the opening screen asking me whether I want to use it as a live CD or install. either option gets me two non-responding monitors, and I'm thinking it has something to do with my initial screw up. Any idea how do I get past it?

Thanks.

Mark Phelps
February 24th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Okay, so here it goes: I've had a lot of trouble with my dual monitors ... Any idea how do I get past it?

Thanks.

Dual monitors present special challenges to installing and using Ubuntu. Would be best to install with only one monitor. Once you get Ubuntu up and running, you can add the second monitor.

tourist
February 24th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention: I also tried only plugging one monitor. Still didn't work.