PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Reinstall Desktop

wildmanne39
February 24th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Hi Everyone, can anyone tell me the command to reinstall my desktop in kubuntu 8.10 using kde 4.2 I tried sudo apt-get update wirh kubuntu-desktop but It didnt work I am pretty sure that the desktop name is not correct for kde 4.2 anyway I accidently deleted the desktop and i need to reinstall. Thanks to everyone in advance.

jacksaff
February 24th, 2009, 12:18 PM
If you have the kubuntu-experimental repository enabled then "sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop" should install kde4.2 (plus all the other stuff kubuntu has by default). Otherwise the same command will install kde4.1 which is the version of kde that comes with 8.10.

wildmanne39
February 25th, 2009, 01:26 AM
Hi athank you for your reply I have already tried that but it could not fine the files to inswtall I plugged my ethernet card in and I am going to try it again before I was tring with wireless card only I suspeet that might be the problem.
Thank you again I really appreciate the help.

If you have the kubuntu-experimental repository enabled then "sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop" should install kde4.2 (plus all the other stuff kubuntu has by default). Otherwise the same command will install kde4.1 which is the version of kde that comes with 8.10.