PDA

View Full Version : Former OtherOS Talk Guys

fistfullofroses
February 24th, 2009, 02:47 AM
Are we migrating to a different BBS or staying in UbuntuForums? If we stay here, what section?

cardinals_fan
February 24th, 2009, 02:49 AM
I have mostly left, but still drop by the cafe for a minute or two to see what's going on. I'm now over at the Other Other OS Talk - look at Sorivenul's sig for a link.

kk0sse54
February 24th, 2009, 02:57 AM
I have mostly left, but still drop by the cafe for a minute or two to see what's going on. I'm now over at the Other Other OS Talk - look at Sorivenul's sig for a link.

Or mine :D

dannytatom
February 24th, 2009, 03:18 AM
Seems I've found a new home. :D

Dr Small
February 24th, 2009, 03:23 AM
Why should I leave this great community? I can be at two places at once. :)

perlluver
February 24th, 2009, 03:47 AM

+1 to that. I really appreciate the Ubuntu forums.

namegame
February 24th, 2009, 03:55 AM

I agree. Although I am/was mostly interested in OtherOS talk, I still enjoy some of the discussions in the Programming Talk forum and some of the discussions in the Community Cafe can be quite intelligent and thought provoking.

I-75
February 24th, 2009, 05:53 AM
I am here still here as well as the other OS Talk. I also visit these guys too http://thelinuxlink.net/forum/index.php.

OutOfReach
February 24th, 2009, 06:01 AM
Yes I'm sad that it's gone, I only really looked at the Arch Linux section. But of course there's the official Arch forum. So no, usage of this great forum didn't decrease a bit.

handy
February 24th, 2009, 06:14 AM
I've found I've been helping out a bit again in the Beginners & General sub-forums, but really after the Backyard closing & now the Other OS Talk, there is not a great deal of stimulation here.

The community cafe is very limited as far as the topics we are allowed to talk about.

The forum administrators want this to be a Ubunutu technical forum & if anything else is discussed it must be at a very superficial level & non-contentious.

This is understandable, but boy, it surely was different once. :D

There were some wonderful discussions held here in the distant past.