PDA

View Full Version : Sansa c250 Error

Martin Marshalek
February 24th, 2009, 12:10 AM
My sister has a Sansa c250 mp3 player that has been around for a few years (it has actually been discontinued :() and, to coin a phrase, it crapped out on her. When I plug it in (Windows, haven't tried Linux yet, though I suspect similar results)I am told that I need to format the disk. I checked and I assume that this means that the disk had an error while playing music and has been wiped of all data, including formatting.

I found that there is such a thing as RockBox for this media player but it seems to only work in tandem with the original firmware, which is gone. Is there a way I could get this to work without the original firmware or something similar that will? Or, (even better for her purposes) a way to download the original firmware via torrent or otherwise?

TBOL3
February 24th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Well, the good news is that sounds like it's easily solvable. But you will get better and faster results is you ask your question here:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/

Martin Marshalek
February 24th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Turns out that some data at least is still there on XP as she just used it. The screen is all crazy though when it is turned on but she kept it in a safe place so I don't know how the screen could have been broken. Should I still try rockbox?

doorknob60
February 24th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Try Rockbox. I love it on my Sansa e260, makes it the perfect MP3/OGG/Flac/M4A/Video/anythingelse player.